The Fordham Ram

Comments (5)

All The Fordham Ram Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• K

Kevin OApr 24, 2015 at 11:18 am

Can I get some background on this Rex Hall situation? Is it a completely off-campus building? If so, how could the university shut it down?

Reply
  • M

MikeApr 23, 2015 at 10:32 pm

Great read. I wish this insight and attitude could make a difference. However, that level of defeat you mention just makes me go “that’s Fordham”.

Reply
  • P

PaulApr 20, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Amazing how little has changed. I graduated over ten years ago and this article could have been written at that time. I had the pleasure of completing my graduate studies at another school and it opened my eyes to how different (and more positive, dynamic, diverse) a campus culture can feel when the student life administrators view their role as partnering with and encouraging students (not controlling, not directing) to create a student centric campus culture.

Reply
  • I

IgnatiusApr 17, 2015 at 8:52 pm

This article hit the nail on the head. Well done. What a disappointment student life at Fordham truly has become… It’s incredible when one ponders where all the money possibly could be going, but it’s even more baffling to consider how little administration seems to be capable and/or willing of even entertaining students concerns. Fordham claims to prepare its students for the “real world,” but its administrators set the example of exactly how real businesses and organizations should NOT be run.

Reply
  • M

MichaelApr 17, 2015 at 4:59 pm

OSLCD is a running joke at Rose Hill, but I don’t think the people who work in that office are the problem as much as the fear mongering, creativity killing leadership of a university who’s mission revolves around the Cura Personalis. Sadly there are members of the Fordham administration who will see to it that little is done regarding this thoughtful critique of an office that oversees much of the student experience at Fordham University.

Reply
Activate Search
How Administrators Caused a Culture of Apathy