The Fordham Ram

Comments (7)

All The Fordham Ram Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• Q

Quit WhinningMay 1, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Cindy, frankly everyone should be protesting at Fordham as it is a con game, this with half the faculty as adjuncts making 7 Eleven wages. Fordham for better or worse is bordering on a perpetual scam. The university is just a story and a picture of Keating and the grass outside, what goes on inside is anyone’s guess ! At the graduate level it has become a joke, the women’s basketball team are allowed to do 3 year degrees and then a masters. Financially the school is cooked and will settle this as it is their worst PR nightmare unravelling and it is exposing tons of hidden things under the carpet. The adjuncts will be thrown a banana or something, sad place and mediocre leadership paying themselves handsomely !

Reply
  • C

CindyMay 1, 2017 at 6:55 pm

I’m sorry, but the students were violent in the their protest. For the safety of all on campus, I am glad they were removed.

Violence should never be tolerated.

The punishment fits the crime. Please don’t exaggerate it. They are still allowed on campus for their academics. Seems fair.

Reply
    • N

Non Sequitur?May 1, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Hi Cindy,
      I understand that you may not agree with the tactics used by students during the protest that happened last Thursday, but how are the punishments students received related to the administration taking back the deal they offered to the faculty on Friday? It seems like you may want to comment on a different article more related to your opinions.

Reply
    • M

MarisaMay 1, 2017 at 11:43 pm

Hi Cindy,
      It must be nice to sit confidently in your privilege and state that students being unjustly (and illegally according to New York housing laws) kicked out of university accommodations (which they overpay grossly for!) is a fair punishment for attempting to occupy what should be a public space and attempt to speak to their university president. The protest was not violent in intention nor in execution, as least not on the students’ behalf.
      Your lack of compassion for students whose goal is securing a living wage and healthcare benefits for contingent faculty is frankly astonishing.

Reply
  • J

JohnMay 1, 2017 at 5:33 pm

The University is apparently now retaliating against the student demonstrators related to the faculty dispute issue by evicting students from their dorm rooms right before finals. So cruel and unnecessary.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2017/05/01/fordham-suspends-protesters-access-campus#.WQdIZODkh8A.facebook/

Reply
  • J

Just Another Day At FordhamMay 1, 2017 at 4:52 pm

Welcome to Fordham where peanut negotiations reflect the Cuban Missile Crisis. Fordham runs like a third world country. Beyond the negotiations this is silly and immature on Fordham’s part, Fordham suspends protester students right to access the campus plus expelled some from their dormitories https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2017/05/01/fordham-suspends-protesters-access-campus#.WQdIZODkh8A.facebook/ ! Forget food services, the faculty come first as they are what the degree is or in many cases not.

Reply
Activate Search
Budget and Salary Deals Complicate