USG Discusses Rising COVID-19 Numbers on Campus

(Courtesy of United Student Government)

The United Student Government (USG) discussed the rising COVID-19 numbers on Rose Hill’s campus.

As of Thursday, Nov. 12, students who test positive or are required to quarantine on campus will be quarantined over the Thanksgiving holiday. 

USG is urging students to continue wearing masks and be devoted to their social distancing in the last week of the on-campus semester.

There was an outbreak at CAB’s Fall Fest with a student who was performing, Senator Carsyn Fisher, FCRH ’21, told USG. All students have been contact traced and informed of the positive case. 

If Fordham hits 100 cases at any point left in the semester, Rose Hill will have to shut down. This will not be the same as the shutdown we saw in March, Dean Cody Arcuri said. 

This shutdown will include the suspension of all in-person classes, programming and public spaces. Residence halls would remain open, unlike the spring 2020 semester.

All students who come or live on campus are required to have their third COVID-19 test taken by Nov. 20. 

On-campus testing will be open on Saturday, Nov. 21 and Sunday, Nov. 22 before the Thanksgiving break. 

The Dining Committee announced this week that there will be changes to dining hours in the spring semester. All dining options on campus will open earlier than their current respective openings. 

A new club was presented to USG this week seeking approval to become an official Fordham club. 

Pakistani Students Association (PSA,) led by their President Shumaila Bibi, FCRH ’21, is seeking to promote diversity on campus and foster a relationship between the commuter and residential students on campus. 

The club passed by vote through USG and can be found here.

Commuter Students Association (CSA) is having their annual Thanks-Give-Away on Nov. 19. The event will take place in McGinley Second and be available via livestream.

The Diversity Action Coalition (DAC) is holding a Student Activism panel on Nov. 30. More information can be found on their Instagram

Senator Kristen Ronan, FCRH ’22, and Vice President of the Committee on Sexual Misconduct Lindsey Sullivan, FCRH ’22, said they are moving forward with their initiative for mental health excused absences in the future.