Cross Country Competes at A-10 Championships

Brandon Hall (above) earned All-Conference honors in the Rams’ only event of the season. (Courtesy of Fordham Athletics)

On March 5, after over a year since their last race, the Fordham Cross Country team was back in action and participated in the Atlantic 10 Championships. Only three runners made it to the Championships in Virginia from the men’s team, meaning that the team did not post a team score. 

This was a significant step down compared to last year, where Fordham placed third out of the 14 teams in last year’s A-10 championships, which was their highest placement ever. Despite that, junior Brandon Hall finished 12th overall in the 8k course with a time of 24:52.1 to earn All-Conference honors. 

This brings Fordham’s streak of having at least one athlete on the All-Atlantic 10 squad to eight consecutive years. As for the two other runners for the men’s team, freshman Daniel Asher placed 90th overall with a time of 26:58.9 and senior Will Whelan had to drop out of the race and did not finish the course. 

As for the women’s cross country team, they sent six competitors and were able to post a team score. They placed 12th out of the 13 teams. 

Fordham was led by Freshman Marin Bogulski, who placed 86th overall with a time of 19:40.2 in the 5k course. Freshman Maddy Kopec closely followed Bogulski in 91st with a time of 19:50.7 and senior Bridget White immediately followed Kopec in 92nd with a time of 19:54.8. Freshman Clodaugh was the next runner to cross the line for Fordham in 100th with a time of 20:17.6 and immediately followed by sophomore Maeve O’Connor in 101st at 20:17.8 and Emmy Longmore rounded out the Fordham squad in 111th place with a time of 21:09.7

Overall, Fordham did not repeat their success from last year. However, in a time of uncertainty, they were still able to compete and rest assured, they have already set their sights for next season.