Fordham Announces Vaccine Availability Through Third Party

Eligible Fordham students, staff and faculty can now receive COVID-19 vaccines at Doctor Urgent Medical Care, according to John Carroll, Associate Vice President of Public Safety. 

Fordham is partnering with local medical center to provide COVID-19 vaccines to students, faculty and staff. (Mackenzie Cranna/ The Fordham Ram)

In an email to the Fordham community, Carroll announced that the university has partnered with the medical practice, which is run by Dr. Denise Munez, to provide vaccines to Fordham community members. These doses will be available to those who meet the eligibility criteria, explained Carroll. 

All Fordham faculty, workers essential to university departments and student workers that interact with the Fordham community can receive vaccines from Doctor Urgent Medical Care. As of March 30, all Fordham students, staff and faculty that are 30 and older will also be eligible, in accordance with expanding state eligibility requirements. Starting April 6, eligibility will expand even further to include anyone age 16 or older. 

Fordham community members who wish to receive vaccines through this program must send their name, cell phone number and email address to Nancy Perri ([email protected]) to make an appointment. 

Doctor Urgent Medical Care, located at 538 E. Fordham Rd., is currently offering the Moderna vaccine, which requires two doses. Students, staff and faculty members should bring an insurance card and Fordham ID to their appointments to be vaccinated. 

Fordham has still not received its own doses to distribute to the student body, said Caroll. He urged Fordham community members to take advantage of available appointments at Doctor Urgent Medical Care in the meantime. 

“If you do not wish to participate in this offering, we encourage you to sign up at any other vaccination location convenient for you,” wrote Carroll.