USG Debates the Gym’s COVID-19 Protocols

(Courtesy of Facebook)

On Thursday, Feb. 3, 2022, Fordham University Rose Hill United Student Government (USG) held its weekly meeting to discuss the reopening of the McGinley Center. 

Fordham reopened the Lombardi Center to all students this week. President Thomas Rueter, FCRH ’22, assured the Senate that the University has met with an epidemiologist to ensure the safety of this facility reopening. 

Senator Jack Glynn, GSB ’25, asked the Senate if any members had information about when the need for gym reservations will end. 

Senate members say that the gym reservations often fill up immediately after opening and the hour reservation slot is often not sufficient time for exercise. 

Senator Andrew Falduto, FCRH ’23, said that when there are limited time slots, the gym gets more crowded, suggesting USG should advocate for a free-flow of people going in and out of the gym as they please. 

A credit center that was donated by an alumnus will be going into Hughes Hall. The center will teach students about credit and will allow The Gabelli School of Business to open a credit concentration for students.

The Residence Hall Association (RHA) is looking to install new water fountains in all residence halls so that students do not need to use the communal sinks or purchase a water filter. 

The new club form is open and will close on March 1. Vice President Audrey Felton, FCRH ’22, is working on an initiative for executive club positions to be listed on Handshake. 

The McGinley Arts Show is scheduled for Feb. 11 and will be held in the new students center. All student artists will be standing next to their artwork. 

Vice President of Sustainability, Liz Shim, FCRH ’21, says Earth Week is now scheduled for April 4- April 8 2022. Online Fordham Flea has now opened for the Spring Semester and can be found on Instagram here.