USG Discusses a Hybrid Meeting Model

(Courtesy of Facebook)

On Feb. 10, Fordham Rose Hill United Student Government (USG) held their weekly meeting to discuss the accessibility of the Student Life Committee (SLC) and USG meetings.

Jamie Serruto, FCRH ’24, mentioned that a hybrid model of USG’s weekly meetings may be helpful for students who want to attend.

According to the Vice President of Communications Maya Bentovim, GSB ’23, hybrid meetings can be difficult to run, but that the Communications Committee would be happy to send out a student survey to assess student interest in a remote option.

Executive President Thomas Reuter, FCRH ’22, stated that SLC meetings do already have a Zoom option and are recorded.
USG meetings are open to the student body and meeting minutes are always placed online. Senator Andrew Falduto, FCRH ’23, presented an update about Rose Hill gym reservations stating that he is working with athletics to remedy the current issues with making gym reservations.

In his advisor report, Tom Balestracci said the new spaces in the McGinley center will go live for reservations this week.
All floors except the third floor will be open for reservations. The third floor still needs additional approval.

Phase two work on the new campus center is about to begin as well, so prepare to have a change in entrances.

The Career Center has officially moved to the second floor and the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) will move soon.

The form to nominate an outstanding member of Fordham’s staff for a Beacon Exemplar Award is now available. Applications were emailed to all students.

In the most recent issue of “Fordham’s Five Things” regarding COVID-19, the university announced that it will be reverting to it’s pre-omicron variant  COVID-19 guidelines.

Students do not have to wear masks in private meetings. Balestracci noted that Dean Christopher Rogers will, in the future, be clarifying what constitutes a private meeting. Students should stay tuned.