Fordham updates COVID-19 Protocols for Fall 2022

Fordham+will+be+changing+some+requirements+for+the+upcoming+semester.+%28Courtesy+of+the+Ram+Archives%29+

Sari Avila Franklin/The Fordham Ram

Fordham will be changing some requirements for the upcoming semester. (Courtesy of the Ram Archives)

In an email to the Fordham community, the university announced several updates to its COVID-19 protocols for fall 2022.

The university will discontinue surveillance and return-to-campus testing in the fall semester, but will continue to require weekly testing for unvaccinated individuals with exemptions. It recommends that those returning to campus for the fall semester should be tested before returning to campus. 

On Aug. 8, Fordham will discontinue required daily screenings on VitalCheck, meaning the Fordham community will no longer have to fill out the daily symptom and exposure questionnaire to gain access to campus. However, the university will continue to use VitalCheck to manage vaccine, testing and isolation requirements, as it is integrated with the ID card system on campus.

Beginning Sept. 1, Fordham campuses will be open to non-Fordham visitors and guests. All visitors six months and older will be required to show proof of vaccination to gain entry to campus.

Several previous policies will continue to be implemented. All students without exemptions are required to be fully up-to-date on vaccinations by Sept. 1. Masks are still recommended, but not required in classrooms, labs, work settings and public spaces for vaccinated individuals. And faculty still reserve the right to require them in their classroom or lab. Masks remain mandatory on the Ram Van and in University Health Services locations. 

More information from the university can be found here.