USG Discusses Public Concerns and Future Events

The Fordham Rose Hill Student Government (USG), heard from several campus groups, including RHA and OSI. (Courtesy of Instagram)

On Thursday, March 23, the Fordham Rose Hill Student Government (USG) met to discuss public concerns and future events.

The Resident Hall Association (RHA) delegate stated that they want to have a campus-wide egg hunt and have prizes for people who find the most eggs. Fordham’s mascot Ramses would also be a part of the event.

Executive President Santiago Vidal, FCRH ’24, stated that the off-campus housing survey — regarding the possibility of helping students find cheaper off-campus housing options — has officially closed and that there was a large number of people who participated in the survey. The student government will discuss the results at the next meeting. The student government is currently working on the referendum website and will be available sometime this week.

The Office of Student Involvement (OSI) representative explained that the Commuter Assistant applications are now open and will be due on April 3.

They also stated that OSI is working closely with the Senior Week Committee and that Senior Week events began on Friday, March 24.

Vice President of Finance and Budget Eron Maltzman, GSB ’25, said that Budget Packets are due April 1.

Vice President of Student Life Brian Inguanti, FCRH ’24, stated that the club suite eviction notices have already been sent out. Vice President of Fordham College Rose Hill Emma Balint, FCRH ’24, explained that concerns with the new core curriculum revision were brought up at her last meeting so she will have to revisit the topics with the deans.

She also stated that she has almost completed the proposal to have no classes on election days.

Vice President of Gabelli School of Business Natalia Kimmelshue, GSB ’23, said that the Community and Integration Subcommittee is hoping to form a list of club meeting times that work better for commuter students.

Kimmelshue presented a budget request for the Dean’s Council Outreach Subcommittee Bake Sale which was approved. Balint presented a budget request for Donuts with the Deans, and the request was approved. Vice President of Health and Security Emily Kennedy, FCRH ’24, presented a budget request for the Committee of Sexual Misconduct Week of Action, and it was approved.

Vice President of Student Life Brian Inguanti, FCRH ’24, presented a budget request for frames to mount the art on for the Keating Steps art show which was approved.

Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion Brianna Al-Omoush, FCRH ’24, said that Bronx Appreciation Week will be this week, and events will include speakers, museum excursion, trivia and more.

Vice President of Sustainability Liz Shim, FCRH ’23, stated that the Sustainability Committee added a donation bin to Loschert Hall, and another one will possibly be going in the McShane Campus Center.
She also explained that the O’Hare Hall donation bin was returned after being stolen, but the Loyola Hall donation bin was recently stolen.

Shim stated that the Sustainability Committee is also working on Earth Week, and they are planning to do a Fordham Flea event soon.

Al-Omoush presented the possibility of bringing back the Mutual Aid Initiative. She explained that this initiative would be to help give more resources to students on campus such as donations of kitchen appliances or clothing.