Fordham’s Annual Senior Week Approaches for 2023 Graduates

Every year, the Senior Week Committee and Office of Student Involvement (OSI) host a variety of events including the Senior Ball and a celebratory barbeque. (Courtesy of MK Prosky Gilbert for The Fordham Ram)

As the spring 2023 semester concludes, Fordham’s annual Senior Week approaches. Every year, the Senior Week Committee and Office of Student Involvement (OSI) puts on a variety of events leading up to commencement for Fordham’s graduating seniors.

The Senior Week Kickoff Event will be held on Tuesday, May 16 from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. under the Coffey field bleachers. Tickets are $15 each, which includes entry and food. Seniors who are above 21 years old can purchase up to four drink tickets for $5 each.

The Senior Ball will be held on Wednesday, May 16 at 7 p.m. at Cipriani 42nd Street in Manhattan. Tickets cost $100 each, which includes an open-bar, full Cipriani buffet and a night of dancing. There is also a split-pay option available.

On Thursday, May 17, seniors can join President Tania Tetlow at the Always a Ram Celebration Barbeque from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., where the Class of 2023 photo will be taken. The event is free to attend, but seniors must RSVP ahead of time in order to receive their Class of 2023 memento: a custom 2023 Fordham pilsner glass.

On their final night as undergraduates, seniors can join their families for the Parent Appreciation Dinner Dance (PADD) which will be held on May 19. The event will take place on Martyr’s Lawn, and go from 7:15 p.m. to 12 a.m. Tickets cost $65 each, with each student being able to purchase up to four tickets. There is also a waitlist for up to two additional tickets per person. The celebration will include a buffet, a live band and an open bar.

Seniors looking to attend any of these events can purchase tickets through University Tickets. Typically, all Senior Week events sell out.

Each year, a group of students from their graduating class come together to form the Senior Week Committee, which is responsible for organizing activities to celebrate the senior class’s final year. This year, the co-chairs of the committee are Maya Bentovim, GSB ’23, and Jonathan Eng, FCRH ’23.
When asked what Senior Week event she is looking forward to the most, Bentovim said that she is “definitely most excited about our Parent Appreciation Dinner Dance, which will be a bittersweet event as it’s our last night together as undergraduates. Not only is it our largest event, with a massive tent on Martyrs’ Lawn and a live band, but it is also a chance to celebrate all our hard work and achievements with our families.”

On the other hand, Eng said he is most excited for the Senior Ball. He explained that he “had the opportunity to volunteer last year and can’t wait to go back, but this time as a senior surrounded by friends. The venue, food and music combined with the tuxedos and gowns really make the event feel like the final celebration of being a senior.”

Before Senior Week begins, the Senior Week Committee is holding events for the Class of 2023 to participate in.

On Thursday, April 20, a Senior Night event will be held from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. The theme for April’s Senior Night is “Name Game” and seniors are encouraged to come dressed up as anything that starts with the first letter of their first name. Entry is free and seniors who are above the age of 21 can purchase up to four drink tickets.

Additionally, on Wednesday, April 26, a “Moving Mental Spaces: First Year and First Career” event will be held in collaboration with Alumni Relations and the Career Center. It will take place in Bepler Commons at 6:30 p.m. and feature alumni from BGB Group, Pharos Academy, Priceline & Agoda, Hunter, KPMG and Understood.org to answer questions and share their advice on the mental challenges of entering post-graduation life. Entry is free and seniors can enjoy food and two drink tickets each with valid proof of age. Tickets will be available on University Tickets later this week.

The Senior Week Committee is also selling Fordham Class of 2023 crewneck sweatshirts, which can be purchased online.

For underclassmen looking to get involved, volunteers can sign up next fall.

Students in the Class of 2024 who want to join their graduating class’ Senior Week Committee can apply now online.