USG Election Results for the 2023-24 School Year

Briana Al-Omoush and Ava Coogan will serve as executive president and vice president for the 2023-24 school year. (Photo Courtesy of Fordham USG)

The USG Election Committee has released the results of the election for the 56th Administration of the United Student Government (USG) at Rose Hill for the 2023-24 academic year. 

Starting in August, Briana Al-Omoush, FCRH ’24, and Ava Coogan, FCRH ’25, will serve as the executive president and vice president of the United Student Government. 

In their platform released prior to the election, Al-Omoush and Coogan stressed the necessity of increasing outreach from the United Student Government to other arms of the Fordham community, especially students. Additionally, the Al-Omoush-Coogan ticket emphasized a goal of better integrating with the student body on the grounds of transparency, communication and overall student engagement. 

Their platform also includes various approaches to improving collaboration with university administration, including reviewing academic advising systems, working with admissions to address potential changes to affirmative actions, increasing diversity and inclusion requirements for Gabelli first-year students, among other options. 

One of the changes Al-Omoush-Coogan say they hope to make is in the process of core curriculum alterations. Part of this process includes the appointment of Core Curriculum Revision Committee Liaisons to communication between USG and university administration. 

“We do not receive any updates on the status of conversations among this advisory board,” writes Al-Omoush-Coogan on their published platform. “Thus, assigning a student to serve as a liaison to this group would be effective for two reasons. First, we can communicate student concerns directly to the group… Second, we can receive updates more quickly than the yearly (or biannual) report published of updates the board proposes or recommends.” 

Their executive ticket platform also includes plans to alter internal USG structures and maximize efficiency within the student organization. 

The remaining members of the executive board of the 2023-24 academic year are as follows: 

Lauren Walczyk, FCRH ’25, will serve as vice president of operations. 

Eron Maltzman, GSB ’25, will be vice president of budget. 

Brian Inguanti, FCRH ’24, is going to serve as vice president of student experience. 

Ariadna Wong, FCRH ’25, will be vice president of communications. 

Emma Balint, FCRH ’24, is serving as vice president of Fordham College Rose Hill. 

Mirei Fukushima, GSB ’25, has been elected to the office of vice president of diversity and inclusion. 

Sean Power, FCRH ’24, will serve as vice president of sustainability. 

Molly Ewing, FCRH ’25, will be vice president of health and security. 

James Serruto, FCRH ’24, is going to serve as vice president of dining and facilities. 

John Hanus, FCRH ’24, Charles Hearn, FCRH ’24 and Thomas DiStefano, FCRH ’24, will all serve as senators for the FCRH class of 2024. 

Maria Narvaez, GSB ’24, is serving as senator for GSB class of 2024. 

Joseph DaProcida, FCRH ’25, Sarah Hurd, FCRH ’25 and Evan McManus, FCRH ’25, are serving as FCRH class of 2025 senators. 

Zachary Visconti, GSB ’25, and Edwin Hess III, GSB ’25, have both been elected to the GSB class of 2025 senate.

Deborah Adebanjo, FCRH ’26, Nicola D’Abundo, FCRH ’26 and Isaac Muir, FCRH ’26, will all serve as senators for the FCRH class of 2026. 

Ananya Grover, GSB ’26, and Karam Youssef, GSB ’26, have both been chosen to serve as senators for the GSB class of 2026. 

A decision has not yet been reached to determine who will assume the office of vice president of GSB. The Election Commission has provided an official statement for the GSB VP Election: 

“We would like to thank everyone who has voted in the 2023-2024 elections. After careful consideration, we have determined that it is necessary to conduct a run-off election for the position of Vice President of GSB, as the integrity of the elections has been compromised. The duration of this run-off election will be announced shortly.”