The Fordham Ram

Comments (5)

All The Fordham Ram Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• A

AnnMay 10, 2017 at 6:20 am

Students with high test scores and impressive high school transcripts are highly probable to be successful students and successful future employees or business owners therefore more likely to contribute significantly to future scholarship funds and endowments. The Cunniffe’s for example are both previous scholarship recipients. Scholarships are not just meant to reward the student. It’s business and those students are investments for the future of the university to make other scholarships and aid possible.

Reply
  • K

KarenNov 16, 2016 at 1:23 pm

College is a meritocracy

Reply
  • L

LmbNov 3, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Better question: where does your tuition money go?

Reply
  • G

Gerard K. MeagherNov 2, 2016 at 2:46 pm

The best should get the scholarships.

Reply
    • H

HalinaNov 2, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Gerard, Of course the “best” are gonna get the scholarships when they went to smaller, more individualized private schools which set them up for success. And where the environment is one of high competition and involved students and parents. Try going to an under-performing NYC public school where there is complete apathy of staff and students alike instead. Then try applying for college when your guidance counselor lacks anything even vaguely resembling competence. I was applying for Fordham while simultaneously being forced to sit in the auditorium during our spineless principle’s attempt to get students excited about graduation (we had a really crappy graduation rate and things like “being able to attend prom” were used as tools to motivate students — forget about college). Fordham has given me scholarships which has allowed me (low-income) to attend, and I’m definitely not “the best”. But at least this has given me the same opportunity as other more privileged peers, for which quality education is a given. Broaden your perspective…

Reply
Activate Search
Evaluating Our Scholarships